Happy New Year everyone! Did y’all do anything exciting last night? AC has had the flu, and lovingly passed it my way. Nothing like ringing in the new year while feeling like you got hit by the plague.
I shared this post a couple of days ago featuring my top posts of 2019, but wanted today’s post to highlight a few of my personal favorites of 2019. I also wanted to lay out a couple of goals I’ve set for myself for 2020. Let’s dive in…
Personal Highlights of 2019
To be truthful, 2019 wasn’t exactly filled with excitement and triumphs, but by no measure was it completely lacking them, either.
- After blogging on and off since 2012 (mostly off), I celebrated my first full year in July. It felt so good to type that post out, by far an inner win for me!
- Shortly after, I was approached for my first collaboration. I still remember the happy tears, y’all! Thank you so much JORD Watches for taking a chance on this small town gal!
- Through saving, hard work, and this blog, I was able to purchase two designer items I’d wanted for years. A Louis Vuitton and Golden Goose sneakers. I’ve never owned anything designer, so it was a big deal to me.
- The Shoffett is 95% complete, only lacking the installation of the open closet. YAS!!!!
- I landed a partnership with Express, a brand I could have only ever dreamed to work with! Now, if I could just get a regram (Ha! No, but really lol).
- Last, but by far the best, on Christmas morning, B proposed. After 5 years of dating, I’ll get a new last name in the Fall of 2021.
I learned a long time ago how upsetting it can be to set “goals”. I feel that we often set unrealistic ones, and instead of giving ourselves a bit of grace when we aren’t able to fulfill them, we throw in the towel on them altogether. So, instead of setting goals, I set intentions. Here are my 2020 intentions:
- Find and commit to an age and skin appropriate skincare routine.
- Complete the C25K challenge. For those of you unfamiliar, it’s a walking/running app. I used it 4 years ago and loved it! I’d like to complete it again.
- Focus on decorating our home. I’ve lived here for 4 years and haven’t hung the first picture!
- Narrow down the fifty eleven hundred pins on my Pinterest wedding board and figure out what it is that I really want to do.
- Recommit to my editorial calendar and work hard to publish content that is unquestionably ME.
My Personal Favorite Outfit Posts Of 2019
Well, That Didn't Work
Now for my favorite part of my end-of-the-year recaps: the mishaps. Last year, I did a bloopers post, but since I’ve added those to my IG highlights throughout 2019, I thought of something different. These are the outfits that didn’t make it to the blog. If you can’t make fun of yourself, are we even friends?
Thank you for following along! I wish each and every one of you a wonderful new year! Cheers to 2020!